Halle Berry Cradles Her Growing Baby Bump at Argentina Premiere


Halle Berry is embracing motherhood at 46. (Lalo Yasky/WireImage)

Halle Berry Cradles Her Growing Baby Bump at Argentina PremiereHalle Berry's baby secret is out -- and the glowing mom-to-be happily showed off her growing pregnancy belly on the red carpet. 

The 46-year-old looked positively radiant at the premiere for "The Call" in Buenos Aires, Argentina, on Monday. Wearing a figure-hugging, one-shoulder purple gown with metallic detailing along the top and side, the actress played up her new "accessory" by rubbing her stomach for photographers and then posing with both hands cradling it. 

Berry paired the dress -- which was not your traditional maternity look -- with diamond drop earrings and her emerald engagement ring from fiancĂ© Olivier Martinez. For makeup, she rocked smoky eyes and pale dewy lips. 

The actress' look was a departure from her appearance on the red carpet the night before. While equally glam and gorgeous, she played down her changing body by wearing a drapey black dress. Though it was appropriate as she was being honored at a United Nations event. 

During an interview airing Tuesday on CNN, Berry talked about her pregnancy this time around. 

"I feel fantastic," Berry said. "This has been the biggest surprise of my life to tell you the truth." 

Already the mother to 5-year-old Nahla (with ex-boyfriend Gabriel Aubry), Berry -- who has candidly discussed her troubles conceiving in the past -- didn't think her family would grow again. 

 
A side view of the radiant mom-to-be (Lalo Yasky/WireImage) 

"I thought I was kind of past the point where this could be a reality for me," she shared. "So it's been a big surprise and the most wonderful." 

When asked if she is expecting a boy, which has been rumored, Berry said she hasn't learned the baby's gender. 

"I don't know," she replied, adding, "But healthy." 

Berry has previously talked about becoming a mother for the first time in her 40s. 

"I'm a much better mother at 46 -- or 41, when I had her -- than if I were like 21 or 25," she said on "The Wendy Williams Show" in November. "I mean, I was just a little baby just trying to figure it out -- trying to figure out who I was, let alone having the responsibility of trying to help another little soul develop and grow. I'm so glad I waited." 

However, waiting made it trickier when it came to giving Nahla a sibling. 

"Every night, we do our prayers,” she noted. "We pray to God, so sweet. She says, 'God, please bring me a bunk bed and a baby sister.' And I say, 'I can do one of those things, I know for sure. The other one, we've got to keep praying on.' What do you say to her when she wants that and can't understand why God's taken so long?" 

Well, the wait will continue -- for a few more months at least. Berry is rumored to be due this fall. ( Runway )


0 komentar:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...